We received word that our BHS classmate, Peggy Hahn passed away this morning.
Donna Canzoneri Wray send an email with this message:
Hi Kathy, Thank you for being our go to person for keeping our classmates connected. I just heard from Krista Sanders, Peggy and Greg Sander’s eldest daughter, that Peggy Hahn passed away this morning. She suffered for many years with early onset Alzheimer’s like her mother did. John and I double dated with her and her first husband and also our classmate,Greg Sanders in high school. Their daughter, Krista was the flower girl in our wedding, and Facebook has kept us connected when Peggy stopped corresponding with us. The last time we were together was at her home in New Jersey during Hurricane Katrina in August, 2005. A few months after that Peggy started to decline. She wanted to be known as Rhiannon as an adult, but to me she will always be Peggy.
Yesterday Peggy’s daughter had reported that they had started hospice care since Peggy had refused any food for a week, but that she was at peace and not in any discomfort or agitation.
Our sympathies go to Peggy’s family. Please write remembrances in the comments section below.
- Even if you feel healthy, please try to stay at home as much as possible;
- In public, practice “social distancing” by keeping a 6-foot distance from others;
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds—especially after being in a public place and after you have coughed or sneezed;
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol;
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze. After doing so, immediately wash your hands;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth;
- Take extra care to avoid exposing the elderly [THAT’S US!] and those with underlying health conditions to illness. Instead of visiting them, call; and
- Be sure to clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily, including doorknobs, light switches, countertops, phones, keyboards, toilets, tables, handles, faucets, etc.